Sunday, June 1, 2008

Love the One your With

It is so hard to find someone right. You know, smart, beautiful, independent and intelligent. These days it really seems the four can no longer co-exist. I'm not very popular at school but I still know a lot of people, and unfortunately I only know 1 person in the entire world who through the troubles of life has managed to retain these qualities and blossom into the most wonderful person.
To simply try and describe this girl in words would be a impossible feat as their are no words in the English language that can capture how beautiful and amazing she is. She is simply breath taking. I've know her a while and always thought highly of her and saw how good we would be for each other. The perfect match is the only way I could describe us, just perfect.
She had been away off at college in the most recent year but finally returned for the summer. I simply could not wait to see her. And when I did, it all came back. All my old emotions came back but flowed with a intensity I had never experienced before. I couldn't believe how fast I was falling in love.

Everyday we hung out was simply the best day of my life. Every time we spoke it was our best conversation. Our relationship was growing so strong so fast like a wild fire spreading through a dry field. I simply knew this girl was the one for me.

One night we were down by the creek near the old wind mill by the Laidlaw Estate. It was such a beautiful night. I knew this was the time for me to finally tell her how I felt, to release the flood gate of emotion and let it all out. As we sat there I ran through what I wanted to say in my head. Just as I was sure about what to say, I opened my mouth to speak but she opened hers first. I stopped to listen.

She told me how she was leaving. Leaving for the summer to go far away where I would never see her. And just like that it was over. I had lost my true love forever. This summer was my moment, my time to sweep her off her feet. But now shes gone. Im here and she's there. And she still doesn't know how I feel. What should I do, im not sure. I think I am just meant to be alone forever.

Maybe some of us are.

-xoxo

No comments: